Friday, March 5, 2010

Feb 20th Tyler's 1st Birthday Party




I really don't do many kids parties these days, focusing more on weddings, sweet 16, graduations etc.. but every now and then it's nice to stretch yourself and get out of you're comfort zone a bit. Tyler is the son of a co worker of mine (Tom). Tom asked me to do the gig and I accepted graciously. due to the nature of kids parties I knew I had to have some fun games, prizes, and kid friendly song choices. The gig was held at the Griggstown firehouse and had a rather awful upstairs load in. Once loaded in I quickly got set up and fired up some tunes. the kids were kicking around some blow up balls that the parents had brought in. the afternoon played out like I thought it would, kids mostly on the dance floor with sporadic parent involvement. The kids really enjoyed a seemingly never ending game of musical chairs, and a game of mummy wrap we played later. In between the games we jammed to black eyed Peas, Taylor Swift, Mylie Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Justin Beiber and other tween favs. The afternoon was pleasant and Tyler got a ton of nice gifts from all the friends and family that came. Overall the party was a success and I had a nice time. I'd like to thank the Harkness family for trusting me with Tyler's B'day, and I am happy that all had a great time!!

Spinzy

No comments:

Post a Comment