Monday, July 12, 2010

6-27-10 Tag Team Wedding w Jagged @ The Merrion

All,

Yesterday's wedding was a challenge and definitely left my partner and I with that survival feeling. I don't know if it's me or what, but it seems like every gig I've done @ The Merrion has been plagued with some sort of setback. We arrived early enough to have a smooth and uneventful load in, once again upstairs in the beautiful Atrium. The space is exquisite to which we added a bit of spice with a few strategically placed LED uplights to accent a few details of the magnificent architecture. After our setup we went over the game plan and got ready for the festivities. The wedding started off rough as i botched the Grand Entrance cueing up the couples entrance song late. the rest of the formalities went well IE: speeches, rose parade (A Merrion Thing), parent dances etc.. The dance floor was pretty dull for most of the evening as the time frame was tight and The Merrion seems to serve endless courses. We were regulated a few times by the FOB to play a dis he had prepared of drab latin fare. To add to the insult we suffered a few more setbacks as Jagged botched one of the Merrion's other special things, and I later called the new Mr and Mrs by the wife's former last name "how embarrassing"!! Anyway despite the push / pull of this evening that could've gone so much better we managed to pull together a dance floor from the remnants of what should have been a stellar event. Overall impressions: we both dropped the ball, but tried our best to salvage the mistakes we made. We could've been given some better direction from our sub par wedding planner. The Merrion seems a bit unfriendly to their vendors, and has a horrible garbage juice load in / out. This will make my worst of list just based off the potential for greatness that fizzled. I guess I'm just dissapointed in my self by not being on my game like usual.

Spinzy

No comments:

Post a Comment