Monday, July 12, 2010

7-4-10 LaBate Wedding

All,

so on this July 4th I got to spend time @ the beautiful Stroudsburg Country Inn celebrating with Jason and Willetha LaBate. This couple was cool from the start and based on their personalities @ our client meeting I knew it would be a fun event. They wanted it upbeat but inclusive as we had a diverse crowd with a mishmash of musical tastes. The room was exquisite overlooking a Valley of lush green rolling hills, the perfect backdrop on a beatiful day. I got my system up and running and practiced my lines as I was way early for the event start time of 8 pm. Once the cocktail hr concluded the guests were greeted as they came into the main ballroom. I let the beats roll vibing to some Motown and classic r & b from the likes of : Stevie Wonder, Jame Brown, The Temptations, Jackson 5 etc.. After the guests were seated I managed my way to the bridal suite to get the bridal party in order for the grand entrance. The bridal party was a bit raucous but were attentive to my instructions and lined up without any hitches. I rolled on with the intros nailing them perfectly. I felt in the zone and was so uplifted form my previous wedding debacle the previous week. The night flowed smoothly with some sporadic dance floor action to the more upbeat Motown jams I played. I finally got a chance to really open up the floor, and It came alive to some classic Jackson 5 rolling into some 90's club jams and some old school hip hop rocking the floor before we had to move on with a few more wedding formalities. Overall the evening was a great success with some good dance floor action for the bulk of the night. The night ended on a high note as most of the party goers sang, air guitar ed, and swayed to the last song of the evening Journey's Don't Stop Believin. Congrats to the new Mr and Mrs Labate, and thank you for choosing Your Neighborhood DJ!

Spinzy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like redemption in the country valleys fo Stroudsburg!

    ReplyDelete