Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wang Wedding 5-15-10







All,

So last Saturday took me way upstate NY to Stony Point NY, The Patriot Hills Golf Club to be exact. This spot was a good 2hrs from my doorstep, speeding I made it in 1:45 but it was still a hike. I arose @ 6 am to get out the door by 7 am seeing how this was a hike and unfamiliar territory, I decided to err on the side of caution and get there with enough of a buffer should any B.S. arise. I arrived at the place about 8:45 or so and pulled up to the clubhouse / bar for the course. The bartender gave me some instructions and I went to check out the room. It was a nice space the room flanked the patio where the ceremony was to be held. I walked around a while before plotting my load in. I managed to find a staffer who directed me to the garbage juice load in which entailed a nice stretch of sidewalk, to the loading dock area, to an elevator, to the garbage juice, through the kitchen ,and finally into the room. After my first trip up I noticed there was another button to the first floor, actually it was an accident the elevator had a button that said 1 and then one that said 1R the latter was garbage juice the former was an entrance through the cocktail room. Relieved to my good fortune garbage juice was avoided. I got all the gear up in 4 loads and began my setup, my best bet was to set up the Bose for the ceremony then break it down and pull a switcheroo while the cocktail hr was going. I set up the mini Mackie for the cocktail and used some adapters for the CD player I had. despite my best efforts I couldn't get this rig to work, I ended up asking the waitress could they play my cocktail disc on the house system. They were cool and obliged my request. I finally got the ceremony music up as guests arrived, had a slight problem with the mic stand as the adapter for the stand and mic clip seems to have disappeared, after some head scratching I pulled a Mcgyver and broke out the duct tape. glad I had the black tape as it was unnoticeable to the naked eye. I got everything going as the guests poured in, I briefly went over the events with the preacher and off we went. The ceremony was a bit windy but overall went off without a hitch. The Bride (Gloria) was stunning in her gown and (Hank) the groom was dapper in his formal black. Once the couple said their I Do's we moved onto the cocktail hr. After the cocktail we moved into the intros which was fairly easy, no huge bridal party or tricky names. The afternoon flowed smoothly form the special dances, toasts, and dinner. Once we wrapped up dinner we started off the dancing with a conga line led my the B&G. We did a few line dances and kept the floor going with some top 40 hits and a bit of techno. To my surprise we had a rather lively dance floor for this afternoon soiree and the B&G stayed on the floor for most of the day. I received some very nice compliments at the conclusion and even scored a 50 spot from our newly weds. I was harried out of the place by the roadies for the wedding following ours. all in all it was a nice affair and flowed rather smoothly, congrats to the new Mr and Mrs. Wang best wishes from your neighborhood DJ!

Spinzy

No comments:

Post a Comment