Monday, April 19, 2010

April 17th Rounsaville Wedding






April 17th Ron and Peggy's Wedding

Saturday took me to the quaint town of Lambertville. I've done some work for the public school system in the past hosting various school dances over the last few years, so I am somewhat familiar with the area. The couple Ron and Peggy have eclectic taste in music! Ron is a heavy metal guy and Peggy Leans more toward pop, classic rock, and power ballads. The couple wanted something simple to compliment their easy going nature, so I knew I was in for a nice mellow affair. The reception was contracted to start at 4 so I arrived at 2:30 to begin the load in and set up. The affair was held at the Lambertville Rescue Squad's banquet facility on Alexander road, perched on top of a steep hill. The load in was easy and I was finishing my set up when the guests started to arrive approximately 3:15 or so. Although contracted to play at 4 I ran a CD for the early comers to set the mood. I changed into my suit and let the hits roll. After a while of cocktail music the bridal party was ready to get it started. I lined them up outside the room and quickly rehearsed the entrance to get us all on the same page. I cued the music after getting the crowd's attention and began the intros. The intros rolled smoothly as the bridal party strolled in to I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas " a popular choice these days"! Then lowering the music I announced our new Mr and Mrs and slammed the music back up to a nice applause. Once traveling underneath the bridal party arch, we moved into their first dance in which everyone joined in midway enhancing the mood of the day. We moved on to the parent dances, blessing, and speeches. The night flowed effortlessly with light dance floor action to the uptempo disco, 80's ,and dance sets. I received good floor action from the slow songs which considering most of the guests were older should've been expected. The bouquet and garter portion of the evening were pretty tame with boyfriend and girlfriend participants not getting to frisky,and the cake cutting was nice not naughty! Overall the evening was well received and I handed out a few cards and drew many compliments on the song selection. Once again congratulations to Mr and Mrs. Rounsaville! I hope you have a great time on your Jamaican excursion!

Spinzy

1 comment: