Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 23rd Melissa's Sweet 16

Friday's sweet 16 brought me to South Plainfield NJ which was cool considering I lived in South Plainfield a few years ago. I left home a bit earlier than usual for this gig considering having to battle rush hour traffic on 287, but surprisingly I flowed through it pretty easily. I arrived 2 the Italian American club where the sweet 16 was being hosted approx 1:15 hr early for load in and set up. the load in was a breeze and I was greeted by Liz the birthday girl's mom. I got my rig all up with much time to spare and tossed on a disc and let it play. Once 7 rolled around I kept it pretty low key with track s by : Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Nickle back etc.. I rode the dinner music until after the buffet was served, we dined on fine Italian delicacies and i indulged in a plate of ziti, sausage and peppers and lasagna (delicious)!! Once filled to the max I began to get the dance music flowing the mood was somewhat somber so I tried to hype the kids up with some mic action. I was met with a Luke warm reaction and a dismal dance floor. As the night drug on I played the hits to a on again off again dance floor that frustrated me to the bone. This sweet 16 didn't have a candle lighting or but we did do a cake and the happy birthday song. I'm thinking these kids may of just had a long day and didn't really come to party, but either way I was thanked numerous time @ the end of the night. A few business cards got passed out and despite my feelings I still managed a nice tip! Thanks to the Pasternak family and happy birthday Mellisa!

Note: In my haste to leave the house I left my camera home and was unable to document this party with my normal footage (Drats)!!!
Spinzy

1 comment: