Friday, April 2, 2010

March 6th Princeton Supper Club Party

This was my first time djiing a party at one of Princeton U's supper clubs (Frat House)! I was anticipating this one highly because I love the energy that college crowds bring to the party, It's like a typical club crowd but in a smaller setting. I arrived a bit early and was pleasantly surprised by the easy load in. Partially through my load in Dj Jagged arrived, he pulled a few toys out of his car ie: uplights, and a revo 3. we positioned the lights and had the room looking killer for this crowd. The night started slowly with a crowd that showed up but disappeared into a back room. The guest kept arriving and kept going into the back room. I was asked to lower my music as they were giving some kind of speeches in the back room, I obliged. About 15 minutes after being asked to turn down the doors to the back room swung open and a energetic dance crowd packed the floor. I had mostly been playing filler for the 2.5 hrs I had been there but once the crowd materialized we jammed hard. Hits of the night were:
Jai Ho- Slumdog millionaire
Bad romance- Lady Gaga
Hotel room- Pitbull
Boom boom pow- BEP
Put your bass up- Razor n Guido

Overall we only partied for about 1.5 hrs, but I packed a nights worth of hits into that time frame leaving them begging for more. we got a rave review from the organizer (Adam) and look forward to a return visit to our friends in Princeton!

Spinzy

No comments:

Post a Comment